Electronic Parts List
Here are lists of parts and what they do.
- PNP 800mA
In the arrays below, the mentioned capability is the absolute maximum for ONE pin, for a short time. Continous operation is usually around 100mA when all pins are ON.
- 8 channel source driver. 500mA.
- 8 channel sink driver. 500mA.
- 8 channel sink driver with serial interface. 500mA.
- 7 channel sink driver. 500mA.
Common cathode means that the current flows from pixel pins to digit pins.
You drive the pixel pin with a PNP and the digit enable pin with an NPN.
- Serial interface 8 digit driver for common cathode displays.
This chip can sink 500mA from each segment and provide
up to 100mA to each pixel.
- 8 digit driver. A and C drive common anode, B and D drive common cathode.
A and B are serial interface whereas C and D are parallel interface, like
- I2C, external XTAL, 56 byte RAM, battery backup. Some versions have SNAPHAT battery&XTAL pack for which error= 35 ppm, calibrated= 2ppm.
- I2C, extern XTAL, 240 byte RAM, no battery.
- I2C, internal temperature compensated XTAL,
battery backup. Very accurate. 2ppm error. Temperature sensor is also accessible thru I2C.
- CD4013 Dual D-Type Flip Flop
- CD40175 Quad D-Type Flip Flop
Digital to Analog Converters
- MAX7224 8 bit parallel input. Around 10mA output.
- LM2576 Switching DC-DC converter @ 63KHz.
HVT means high input voltage (60 V). Provides up to 3A output.
- TPS2110 Dual In/Single Out Autoswitching Power MUX, Manual/Auto Sw, Adj. Cur Limit, Adj. Vol Threshold
- LTC4011 Nickel Battery Charger